Miss Caroline has been tapping, teaching and choreographing for over 20 years. Her dance career started with performances in the rhythmic spectacular show Stomp! for the 1993 Melbourne International Comedy Festival. Recently she trained comedian Alan Brough to tap-dance, and choreographed his tap solo in the farewell Spicks and Specks live show. Her tapping has been featured in songs by musicians Mick Thomas (Tom Wills) and Mrs Wainwright (I Will Breathe Again). Miss Caroline has performed at and choreographed shows for the following events:
• Spicks & Speck-tacular - The Finale 2011/12
• International Tap Dance Day @ Parliament Steps (2011)
• International Tap Dance Day @ Fed Square ('05 & 08)
• International Tap Dance Day @ City Square ('01-03)
• High Street Preston Open Mind Festa (2011)
• Station Street Open Mind Festa (2007-10)
• Collingwood Toy Library Fair (2006-13)
• Merri Creek PS Fete (2007-15)
• Our Girls Book Launch (2009)
• North Fitzroy PS Fete (2009)
• Danceathon-5000 (the Town Bikes) (2007)
• Blonde On The Rocks (2007)
• Darebin Carols by Candlelight (2006)
• Darebin Festival (2006)
• Northcote High-Vibes (2005)
• Melbourne Fringe Festival (2003 & 2005)
• Melbourne Comedy Festival (2002)
She has also choreographed and performed works at fundraisers for Emily's List and The Melbourne Marching Girls, as well as weddings and private parties and independent cabaret shows.
Miss Caroline has a Bachelor Degree in Creative Arts and has also performed in Melbourne as a singer and actor. She has taught hundreds of Melbournians (big & small) the joy of tap-dancing.
Miss Caroline can also sometimes be found getting her 80s groove on with RAD Fitness; check out Ally's excellent classes if you're looking for more fun and fitness.
About Miss Caroline Tap Dance
There is just something about tap-dancing that makes you happy. The combination of music, movement and rhythm gives you a natural high. So if you are looking for something fun to do this year, contact Miss Caroline and come join her happy band of tappers. Experience for yourself the benefits of stepping outside your daily stress for an hour of fun.
Tap is excellent for physical and mental fitness, and most of all, anyone can learn it and have a great time whilst doing so.
Classes for Grown-ups are open to all ages, sizes and abilities. Classes start with a warm-up, followed by some technique work so that students learn the tools of the trade. And then we dance: original choreography to grooving tunes (or a'cappella for something a bit more primal) plus traditional tap standards such as The Shim-Sham-Shimmy.
If you are looking for dance classes for children, then Miss Caroline Tap Dance is a warm and friendly environment, perfect for kids to find the fun of dance. The classes are full of games, great music and fun choreography, but they also teach the children proper technique. More details on Kids Classes page .